Update: The New application deadline has been extended by 1 week; the new deadline is Friday, May 5
Great neighborhoods have effective leaders who share a common goal—to improve the quality of life through positive change. The Neighborhood Leadership Academy welcomes current and aspiring community leaders who are open to new ideas and concepts of leadership and community engagement.
The Near East Side Neighborhood Leadership Academy, a United Way of Central Ohio initiative, is a program designed to:
- Engage individuals who are passionate about bringing productive change to Columbus, Ohio’s Near East Side neighborhoods.
- Develop leadership skills and promote effective action.
- Feature a curriculum that includes leadership building, advocacy, consensus, collaboration and communication development.
- Improve communication skills.
- Recognize the benefits of diversity.
- Create innovative solutions for improving your neighborhood.
- Help identify collaborative resources and partnerships.
- Assist participants in gaining confidence as a public speaker.
For more information about the Near East Side Neighborhood Leadership Academy and eligibility requirements, visit liveunitedcentralohio.org/nesnla, or contact Dave Cofer at 614.247.8037 or DCofer@eastpact.org.